New Traffic Signal Being Installed to Ease Traffic Near HEB on Rio Grande
If you drive down Rio Grande/Houston Highway you have seen a lot of construction. From sidewalks to medians, and now the new traffic light is being installed just east of H-E-B! It is about time! If you have ever been there around rush hour, traffic is absolutely horrible! Not only will this ease up the congestion it will also give HEB another entrance. This is a traffic light that we absolutely need!
I am going to add two more places where new traffic lights need to be installed. The traffic situations at East/Cade and West are backed up so far. Both schools need a second entrance added with a traffic light. There appears to be land that is not in use near West. As for East, exit on the loop or somehow use Ben Jordan to help the flow. Of course, this is my personal opinion. Do you think there needs to be another way in and out of East and West? Let us know in the Facebook comments of this status.
Be careful when driving in a construction zone, tickets will cost you even more:
HOW MUCH WILL FINES COST ME IN VICTORIA?
SPEEDING TICKETS UP TO 20 MPH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT
- POSTED ZONE: $285.00
- SCHOOL ZONE: $305.00
- WORK ZONE(workers present)$400.00
SPEEDING TICKETS 21 MPH AND OVER:
- POSTED ZONE: $285.00 + $3 FOR ADDITIONAL MILE
- SCHOOL ZONE: $305.00 + $3 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL MILE
- WORK ZONE(workers present) $400.00 + $3 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL MILE
MORE FINE INFORMATION:
- FAILURE TO STOP FOR SCHOOL BUS: $810.00
- PARKING IN A HANDICAP ZONE: $670.00
- USING A WIRELESS DEVICE IN A SCHOOL ZONE: $330.00
- DRIVING WITH AN EXPIRED LICENSE: $232.00
- EXPIRED REGISTRATION OR LICENSE PLATES: $232.00