Union Pacific Maintenance Causes Street Closures in Victoria
Several pop-up street closures will occur over the next couple of days in Victoria as scheduled maintenance is set for Union Pacific railroad tracks.
The city of Victoria reports that six different closures will occur between Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week. Each street closure will last from 7 am to 7 pm.
Street Closures for Tuesday, April 20th
- Hummel Street between Port Lavaca Highway and East Commercial Street
- North Street between Liberty Street and William Street
Street Closures for Wednesday, April 21st
- Ben Jordan Street between Port Lavaca Highway and North Street
- North Brownson Street between East Goodwin Avenue and Port Lavaca Highway
Street Closures for Thursday, April 22nd
- Ben Wilson Street between Port Lavaca Highway and East Juan Linn Street:
- Avenue D between East Forrest Street and Port Lavaca Highway
More Roadwork in Victoria
As we move through Spring and into Summer (road construction season) we can all expect to see even more projects underway in Victoria. While the median project along Navarro may have been enough roadwork to last you the rest of the year there are actually several additional projects that will be kicking in soon. There are more road closures coming according to the city that will also involve scheduled maintenance. As the city continues to share additional info about these projects we will be sure to share the info with you right here on the airwaves.
Businesses located near work zones will remain open and the city encourages the public to continue to visit these businesses who will appreciate your business more than ever during road construction season. Alternate routes away from the closures mentioned above will be the best way to avoid travel delays in town.
For more information about this week's street closures in town, you can contact Union Pacific at 1-888-870-8777.
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America