Texas Rangers to Open for 2021 Season at 100% Capacity
We all want to go check out the brand new Globe Life Field, but sadly in 2020 we got to miss out on the inaugural season due to Covid. Well, we just have to wait a little bit longer to see the new place.
I was looking forward to checking out the brand new Globe Life Field in 2020. Mainly because I can now enjoy air conditioning at baseball games on a Sunday afternoon in Texas. Globe Life Field technically was open last year, for events like the World Series and PBR events. Let's be honest, this place was built for Texas Rangers baseball and we finally will get to see it with fans.
The Texas Rangers announced this morning they plan to open the stadium to 100% capacity. The Rangers also announced face masks WILL BE REQUIRED in the stadium. Face masks can be removed if you're actively eating or drinking. The team also announced there will be some distanced seating sections for fans that would like to spread out. However, that will not be available for the season opener.
"We will continue to monitor developments and implement the necessary public health measures," said President of Business Operations and Chief Operating Officer Niel Leibman. "We are excited that Rangers fans will finally be able to experience all that Globe Life Field has to offer.” The Rangers listed below the health and safety protocols they will be enforcing for fans.
- Masks will be required for all fans except when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats. That includes all concourse areas and when entering Globe Life Field.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the ballpark.
- Globe Life Field will again be cashless, as it was for 2020 events. All tickets will be digital and only credit cards will be accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
- Safe distancing will be enforced in concession lines and retail locations.
- No bags will be permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.
- The Rangers are working with Major League Baseball to finalize health and safety protocols as it pertains to the seating bowl and the playing field at Globe Life Field.