Texans Favored To Win Grammys This Sunday
The Grammys are this Sunday! The award show (dubbed by CBS as "music's biggest night) will air Sunday night on (you guessed it) CBS.
And, despite the ceremony this year taking place in Los Angeles, it's gonna feel like a good old Texas party! Seventeen Texas artists are nominated but the big questions is...who will win?
Well, BetTexas.com decided to play the odds. Yes, we know there's an issue with sports betting in Texas, but they were just putting it out there.
They picked the top Texas nominees and came up with this chart....
Hypothetical Odds of These Texans Winning a Grammy
|Nominee||Odds of Winning 1 Grammy|
|Machine Gun Kelly||-125|
Simply put, she has a lot of nominations. The Houston legend garnered nods for Record of The Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Dance/Electronic Recording, Best Dance/Electronic Album, Best R&B Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best R&B Song and Best Song Written for Visual Media.
Although, Beyonce has plenty of Grammys, she has never won the big one - album of the year. In past years, she was upset by artists like Adele and Beck. This caused Kanye some major stress and he almost did a "Taylor Swift MTV Awards Bum Rush of the Stage" at one of the ceremonies. Thank the Lord he stopped himself.
Machine Gun Kelly- finally some respect?
Born in Houston, Machine Gun Kelly did not get any nods for this 2020 album "Bloody Valentine." He get one this year for his album “Mainstream Sellout.”
He is up against ailing veteran Ozzy Osbourne, Spoon and The Black Keys, but still expected to win.
Willie Nelson: The 89 year-old wonder!
Willie Nelson racked up the noms this year for Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Song, Best Country Album and Best Roots Gospel Album.
Willie is originally from Abbott, Texas. And, as we all know, Willie is Texas! I guess he will win at least one out of four.
Kelly Clarkson: a Christmas win?
Kelly Clarkson released holiday album this year, When Christmas Comes Around, which should be an instant win but she has tough competition... Motown legend Diana Ross and Michael Bublé. So out of all the big artists listed, Kelly could be the one with the best chance of going home empty-handed.
BetTexas.com ALSO put together a list of all the Texans nominated for your perusal...
Full List of Texan Grammy Nominees
- Beyonce: Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Dance/Electronic Recording, Best Dance/Electronic Album, Best R&B Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, Best Song Written for Visual Media
- Tobe Nwigwe: Best New Artist
- Kelly Clarkson: Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
- Snarky Puppy: Best Contemporary Instrumental Album
- Machine Gun Kelly: Best Rock Album
- Spoon: Best Rock Album
- Miranda Lambert: Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Duo/Group Performance, Best Country Song, Best Country Album
- Marren Morris: Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Song, Best Country Album
- Willie Nelson: Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Song, Best Country Album, Best Roots Gospel Album
- Robert Glasper: Best R&B Album
- Cody Johnson: Best Country Song, Best Gospel Performance/Song, Best Contemporary
- Kirk Franklin: Gospel Performance/Song, Best Gospel Album
- Chris Tomlin: Best Contemporary Gospel Performance/Song, Best Contemporary Christian Music Album
- Crowder: Best Contemporary Gospel Performance/Song
- Asleep at the Wheel: Best Americana Performance
- Edgar Winter: Best Contemporary Blues Album
- Jamie Foxx: Best Audio Book, Narration, and Storytelling Recording