Show Us Your Ink for National Tattoo Day
Ok, let's see some ink! Friday, July 17th is National Tattoo Day so grab your phone and snap a photo of your favorite tattoo and share it with us in the comments section!
Please keep it clean so we can show off all the photos without having to remove any.
Also, be sure to tag the artist or tattoo shop that did the work! We would love to be able to spread the word about some of the fantastic work done right here in South Texas. Maybe today is going to be the day you get your first tattoo? We want to see those also.
A few tips that may come in handy today for anyone about to jump in for the first time:
- Research available artists in your area. Remember, the art won't wash off.
- Meet with the artist to discuss and conceptualize your design. They can't read minds so tell them what you are looking for and let them sketch a design.
- If your tattoo has text make sure you spell check it! Need we say more?
- Be prepared to wait. The better the artist, the longer the waiting list.
- Great art costs money. Make sure you get a quote before the job begins so you know what your idea will cost.
The day of your appointment, remember:
- Clear the calendar, especially if it is a large tattoo. You'll be in the chair a while.
- Don't be late to your appointment. A rushed tattoo will look like one.
- Wear comfortable clothes and eat something first.
- Bring water and stay hydrated.
- Tip your artists when the work is finished.
With all this in mind, let's see what you got. Take a photo of your tattoo and share it with us in the comments section on our social media pages. We might talk about your tattoo on the air and call you up so you can tell us about it. Enjoy!